Help for Gout Sufferers
Our team of experts test and rate most products on the market for quality and effectiveness, and offer you our top picks so you won’t have to try lots of medications before finding the right one for you.
Gout patients suffer recurrent attacks of acute inflammatory arthritis, red tender swollen joints. It is caused by high levels of uric acid in the blood. Uric acid deposits form in joints, tendons and surrounding tissues, creating acute pain. Uric acid can be lowered by lifestyle change and long term prevention. However, those suffering from gout will most likely need help dealing with the pain.
Goutmed has proven effective with patients suffering from acute and chronic gout issues with varying degrees of severity. It usually eliminates the gout attack in four or five days. It can also be used to prevent further recurrences.
One cycle of treatment with Goutmed costs around $40. To get relief in four or five days, $40 is a wise investment. It is also guaranteed for 60 days, so if your gout doesn’t improve, you get a reimbursement.
A very popular solution to gout, Flamasil is a mixture of herbs treating gout through natural sources. No unpleasant side effects were noted from most people who tested Flamasil and most reported their gout improved during their treatment.
For around $53, you get 90 capsules in a bottle of Flamasil. Considering that Flamasil takes longer to treat gout than four or five days, you may need more than one bottle. It is a high price compared to GoutMed. It works for many people and some may not mind spending a little more to use an effective natural product.
Very similar to Flamasil, Uricinex has proven to be effective for many people, without harmful side effects reported.
It comes to $57 for a bottle of 60 capsules. It is even more expensive than Flamasil, and you get less for your money. We recommend you go with a less expensive treatment that can also be more effective for your gout.
In a survey of 168 customers who tried Gout Well, 68% got good results. The other 32% saw no difference in symptoms. It has been known to reduce swelling and pain caused by gout, but it does not seem to reduce the level of uric acid or purines.
For a bottle of 100 capsules, the price ranges from $30 to $50, with a guarantee of 90 days from the manufacturer. The price is competitive, but if it takes 90 days to realize that it doesn’t work for you, you might be better off with another treatment.
Gout Care is one of the first medications available online. It received conflicting reviews from customers who reported having good results quickly to others who claimed that the results were long to come or it just didn’t work. Some customers said it took 5 days to get good results in mild gout cases. However, there is an important side effect to be noted if you are Type 2 diabetic: it can lower your insulin needs so it’s important to closely monitor your blood sugar levels.
One bottle of Gout Care costs $22, which is a great price.
The price is appealing, but the results were not conclusive as to Gout Care’s efficacy. If you suffer from mild gout, you may get good results but in the long run, it might be best getting another treatment from other medications that have proved to be effective.